Safeguarding at St Edward’s
St Edward’s safeguards children by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Safeguarding children’s welfare and safety is of paramount importance to our school. All staff undertake regular training with regards to aspects of safeguarding and child protection.
- Mrs Brown is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). Mrs Teasdale and Mrs Fox are the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSLs) and key Child Protection members of staff.
- Mrs Wendy Kelly is the Designated Safeguarding Governor.